Baldwin finally hands over key evidence

Nearly a month after authorities secured a warrant for the piece of evidence, actor Alec Baldwin has complied with the request.

Alec Baldwin turned his mobile over to Long Island police Friday — nearly a month after authorities secured a warrant for the device following a fatal shooting on the set of the movie Rust, according to officials.

The 63-year-old actor surrendered his phone — which is believed to contain information about the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins in October — to the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office Friday morning, a spokesman for the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office told the New York Post.

“They will conduct the extraction of the data, and then hand the phone over to us,” said Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office public information officer Juan Rios.

But not everything on the star’s phone will be up for grabs during the probe, Rios said.

“There will be some exempt information that’s not considered pertinent to the investigation, such as attorney-client privilege material, communications between Mr. Baldwin and his attorney as well as spousal privileged information.”

The handover comes one day after the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office said in a press release, “to date, the cell phone has not been turned over to authorities.”

Police in New Mexico got a warrant for the mobile on December 16 and the case’s lead detective quickly notified Baldwin’s attorney, police said.

But Baldwin failed to turn it over for weeks, forcing Santa Fe authorities to team up with the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office on Long Island last week to get it.

On January 8, the actor posted an Instagram video claiming he simply wanted his private communications protected.

“Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests or orders, or search warrants about my phone, that’s bulls —. That’s a lie,” Baldwin said in the video.

On January 8, the actor posted an Instagram video claiming he simply wanted his private communications protected.

“Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests or orders, or search warrants about my phone, that’s bulls —. That’s a lie,” Baldwin said in the video.

“It’s a process that takes time. They have to specify what exactly they want. They just can’t go through your phone and take, you know, your photos or your love letters to your wife or whatever,” Baldwin said. “But, of course, we are 1000 per cent going to comply with all that. We’re, you know, perfectly fine with that.”

The 30 Rock actor added that he and his lawyer were following a process when authorities request evidence from a subject who lives out of state.

Baldwin shot Hutchins with a prop gun on the set of Western flick on October 21, and later said in an interview with George Stephanopoulos he didn’t pull the trigger.

Investigators also want to seize texts, photos, videos, emails and internet browser histories from the star’s phone, according to the warrant.

This article originally appeared on the New York Post and has been republished with permission

Originally published as Alec Baldwin finally surrenders mobile to police in Rust probe

Shop Women Clothes | Shop Celebrity Approved Women Activewear